If you are what you read, right now, I am

A hardbound monkey with a typewriter. ~ Bookish Girl is reading Vikram Chandra's Red Earth And Pouring Rain.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

We are spirits/ In the material world.

JONATHAN STRANGE & MR. NORRELL
SUSANNA CLARKE

Heard so much about this book. All complimentary, too. Imagined it to be a bit like Pullman, which I think it is. But I never quite sank my teeth into it.

I don't know if it was the teeny-tiny print of my edition. Or the fact that it was set in the eighteenth century.

It just gave me this strange(!) CS Lewis vibe.

Maybe I'll come back to it at a later point in time. It's happened with Tolkien. And Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Or then again, maybe I won't.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.