If you are what you read, right now, I am

A hardbound monkey with a typewriter. ~ Bookish Girl is reading Vikram Chandra's Red Earth And Pouring Rain.

Monday, April 30, 2007

So don't delay/ Act now/ Supplies are running out.

ARTEMIS FOWL AND THE OPAL DECEPTION
EOIN COLFER

Prebooked my copy of Deathly Hallows, and found myself itching for a really cracking kiddie read. Considered reading Half Blood Prince again, but I think I'll save it for July, just before HP7 is released. (In fact, I think I'll catch Order of the Phoenix as soon as it opens, then start rereading HBP, and finish just in time for the new book.)

Didn't really feel like Pullman. Neither did I want to take a chance and pick up Stroud, whom I've never read. (But sounds like fun.)

Which brought me straight to Colfer. Loved the first Artemis Fowl book. And though I didn't exactly adore the other two, they were quite good.

Needless to say, I loved Opal Deception. Nice plot. Elaborate doublecrosses. Lovely aside about responsibility versus action. Ultracute villain. And the usual dwarf gags.

Will get to Lost Colony really, really soon.

Lessons learned:

1. Eoin's pronounced 'Owen'.

2. Dwarf spit is luminous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like Owen Wilson? :D

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.