If you are what you read, right now, I am

A hardbound monkey with a typewriter. ~ Bookish Girl is reading Vikram Chandra's Red Earth And Pouring Rain.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I won't ask for much this Christmas/ I won't even wish for snow.

THE AUTOGRAPH MAN
ZADIE SMITH

It's a book I'd saved up for when I need the distraction of a stunningly absorbing read. Given life and upwardly mobile stress levels, started it a few nights before. Nearly halfway through.

Smith wrote this one between White Teeth and On Beauty, and it's quite delicious. Till I'm in a position to review it, here's Salon's point of view. (A lot like mine, but their gushing's slightly more posh.)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.