If you are what you read, right now, I am

A hardbound monkey with a typewriter. ~ Bookish Girl is reading Vikram Chandra's Red Earth And Pouring Rain.

Friday, October 06, 2006

California/ Rest in peace.

Other stuff that I've read, but can't be bothered to write about.

CRUEL SHOES
STEVE MARTIN

A bunch of essays (more like whinings, or short short shorts) he wrote before he learned to be funny, coherent, and cool. Greatly and utterly avoidable.

MOO
JANE SMILEY

Hugely recommended, in spite of featuring talking cows. Call me intolerant, but I barely made it to the second chapter.

A NICE DERANGEMENT OF EPITAPHS
ELLIS PETERS

Also fairly heavily recommended. Began quite well, but I lost interest somewhere along the line. I can be quite scatty and easily distracted at times: these are exactly those sort of times. But I might give it a bash again later. (When I run out of other things to read.)

THE LAST YEAR OF BEING SINGLE
SARAH FOSTER

Incredibly predictable chick lit. (Or am I just being snotty and hardcover-reading? C'est possible.)

Anyhow. That's all the stuff I read that's unfit to read. More about the stuff that is, later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steve Martin is iffy just being himself.

Sangeeta said...

Hmm, not sure if I agree with that... I really liked "The Pleasure of My Company". Cheers :)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.