If you are what you read, right now, I am

A hardbound monkey with a typewriter. ~ Bookish Girl is reading Vikram Chandra's Red Earth And Pouring Rain.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Did I ask too much?/ More than a lot?

Spoke too soon. Barely 24 hours after my last post, I abandoned My Name is Red. Too darn convoluted for my little mind.

Lessons learned:

1. Second chances are good. (And safer in literature, than in life.) But if you were right the first time, it doesn't mean you have to be wrong the next. Or vice versa.

2. No more Pamuk, no matter how earnestly brilliant he looks in author photographs.

3. How I love first-person narratives. Even when the narrator switches with every chapter.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.