If you are what you read, right now, I am

A hardbound monkey with a typewriter. ~ Bookish Girl is reading Vikram Chandra's Red Earth And Pouring Rain.

Monday, July 17, 2006

He was a boy/ She was a girl/ Can I make it any more obvious?

DANCE DANCE DANCE
HARUKI MURAKAMI

Sequel to A Wild Sheep Chase. And just as perfect.

Lessons learned:

1. Fantasy, when blended this effortlessly with reality, is much more entertaining than straight fiction than can ever be.

2. Somehow, I'm getting less and less time to read -- a fact that annoys me even more than reading less in the first place.

3. With all due respect to blogging, it's time to write, as well.

4. I've joined a Japanese company. My principal client is Japanese. I'm reading more Murakami than ever. Is this a sign?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously it's a sign :), is'nt everything? Huh!
Am reading Norwegian Wood.
Less time to read in your case is beyond annoyance. Its almost bordering on the need to be on life support :)
Besides Murakami, you should also read Omahae, if Japanese is what is happening to you clientwise :)

Sangeeta said...

Couldn't access my blog yesterday. This morning's Economic Times sheds some light on the issue. Am now logging on through pkblogs.com So much for freedom of expression, huh?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.